I am stressed!
If you're stressed, whether by your job or something more personal, the first step to feeling better is to identify the cause.
Not taking control of the situation, and not doing anything will make the problem worse.
Unaddressed mental stress can lead to mental health conditions like depression, anxiety Etc.
It can lead to insomnia. Unaddressed stress can cause physical ailments.
What can I do to manage my stress?
1. Be active: Moderate intensity exercise for 30 minutes like walking, can decrease the intensity of stress.
Exercise will not make the stress go way completely, But it will clear your thoughts, and make you calm. You can deal with the stress in a calm manner.
2. Take control: Find a solution to the problem causing the stress.
3. Connect with people: A good network of colleagues, family, friends can ease work troubles, and help you see things in a different way
4. Have some 'me time': take a walk during lunch time, take a vacation, spend some time for exercise, relaxation.
5. Challenge yourself: challenge yourself by learning a new language, new sport, or any activity that interests you. It boosts your self-confidence, and also stimulates the brain.
6. Avoid unhealthy habits: do not rely on smoking, alcohol, drugs to relieve your stress. It might provide temporary relief, but it will not make the problems go away.
7. Help other people: you can help other people by volunteering. If you're busy, you can perform small helpful acts at your office.
8. Work smarter, not harder: Working smarter means prioritising your work, concentrating on the tasks that'll make a real difference. Get yourself familiar with technology to save a lot of time.
9. Try to stay positive: Look at positive things in your life, and be grateful. You can write to positive things in your life first thing in the morning in your journal daily. You can read the journal when you feel down or stressed out.
10. Accept the things you can't change: Unfortunately, some things cannot be changed. Focus on things which you have control over.
11. Eat a healthy diet to stay strong.
12. Obtain at least eight hours of restful sleep to rejuvenate.